Drain Plug solved!!

Kneale Brownson knotnook at traverse.com
Wed Nov 13 19:43:55 EST 2002

Why couldn't you just grind/file a four or six-sided flat on the upper end
to turn with a wrench?  I don't see a need to mill an allen-type socket
into the plastic.

At 03:58 PM 11/13/2002 -0800, james accordino wrote:
>Yeah, but how to cut out the driver?  These may be
>injection molded.  Also what about the plastic
>compound itself.  I was a blender at a plastics plant
>sr. yr. of high school cause I could read the chemical
>labels and measure accurately.  You'd want toughness
>obviously and some heat resistance.  I don't think it
>would be so easy.
>Jim Accordino
>--- Donald Lamond <dlam119 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > O.K. gentelmen; sounds like it's time to measure the
> > threads on the
> > plug, buy a die and start making our own.
> >
> > Delrin and other machinable plastics are available
> > at quite a few
> > industrial suppliers.  MSC,  www.Travers.com,  maybe
> > even Granger.
> >
> > Donald
> > 84 4Ks
> >
> >
>Do you Yahoo!?
>U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive greatest hits videos

More information about the quattro mailing list