Pearl Fuch Refinishing

Steve Ensch ensch1@earthlink.net
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:20:19 -0500

The Fuchs have a powder coat finish like most german alloy wheels.  Without
such they oxidize, as the aluminum content does not fair well with the
erosive brake dust.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin@audifans.com [mailto:quattro-admin@audifans.com]On
Behalf Of Dupree, Jim
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:39 PM
To: 'Michael Pshenishny'; quattro@audifans.com
Subject: RE: Pearl Fuch Refinishing

I don't know much about wheel finishes but the wheels they are doing in this
procedure are NOT Fuchs wheels. The Cookie Cutter wheels are a cast wheels
by ATS. Good cheap wheel for a Porsche available in 6x15 and 7x15, common
for us auto-crossers. They just have a painted finish and the Porsche Fuchs
wheels have an anoidized finish. I don't know what the Audi Fuchs wheels
have.

Thanks
Jim