Subject: RE: Please advise on A/C conversion
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:33:16 -0400

Well, the pusher fans seems no neither really help, nor really hurt. After =
disconnecting the fan (but leaving it on) I got about the same results as w=
ith. I may have taken a tad longer to cool down, or it could have just been=
 a tad wormer on Friday than on Thursday. But this does tell me that the fa=
n isn't causing any problems and it is insurance for when/if the main fan d=
ies. Any other thoughts on why mine takes so much longer to cool down compa=
red to other R134a converted Type 85s? It does reach about the same lower t=
emperature (47-50*F), but others are saying it should be under 5 minutes, m=
ine takes up to 15 to get down that low if cabin temps are around 120-140*F=
 to start. Thoughts?

Too Many Toys:
2002 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T Tiptronic
1993 RX-7 R1
1987.5 Audi Coupe GT "Special Build" 2.3 - Anthracite Black
1985 Chevy Impala Interceptor

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Ritchie []
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 11:46 AM
Cc: David Ullrich - 0018 HQ; Greg.Roa@Cinergy.COM
Subject: Subject: RE: Please advise on A/C conversion

>That was going to be my next question. Yes, the power for the
>pusher fan is=3D
>tapped off the 12v+ supply for the clutch. It is properly fused
>(in-line f=3D
>use added). I grounded it directly to the body of the car,
>actually an exis=3D
>ting screw in the radiator frame. Could I be robbing too much
>power from th=3D
>e clutch to allow if to fully clamp? Should I try pulling the
>fuse to keep =3D
>the pusher fan from coming on to see if it gets better versus
>worse? Though=3D

Don't know the answer to your electrical question of the 2 things on the 1
circuit.  But it is a basic one that somebody can answer definitively.

I thought I read someplace that "pusher" fans can interfere with "puller"
fans.  That is, use one or the other.  The use of both will result in a loss
of efectiveness.  Try disconnecting one and see what happens.  The test is
certainly easy and cheap enough.