(1.8t PHOOIE!!) Turbo 4000Q conversion idea

JShadzi@aol.com JShadzi@aol.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:17:49 -0400

Rolf,

I agree that the 1.8t is not the strongest motor VW has ever made, but I di=
sagree in the severity of your statements. There are hundreds if not thousa=
nds of good running street versions making a solid 280hp without any troubl=
e=2E  The 1.8t bottom end is fine to 300hp reliably, and the head flows lik=
e a mo-fo, plus, with all the stock Motronic engine management there are so=
me very good bolt on turbo kits for under $5k that have proven 280 crank hp.

I love the 5 cylinder, but the 1.8 is an impressive little package.  I don'=
t know if its worth swapping one into an older Audi especially when the 10 =
and 20v I5's make power so well and reliably with relatively small amount o=
f installation work.

Javad