Fuse Amperage??? for a fuse between the battery and the car.

auditude@cox.net auditude@cox.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:28:30 -0400

I believe the intent of both the gelled electrolyte and fiberglass mat of t=
he two types is to isolate the plates from vibration/contact and increase t=
heir life.

Btw, looking at the MSDS' of various batteries online, the gel cell ones us=
ually are described as having a gelled electrolyte, whereas the Optima isn'=
t described that way.

Whatever the Optimas are, I think they're cool.  There are other spiral des=
igns out there too, which may be licensed by Optima, or not.

Ken

"Michael Guidotti" <MAGUID@MAIN.DJJ.STATE.SC.US> wrote:

> its not a gel cell, the spiral wrap is something like a baby diaper and s=
uspends the acid in the fibers. you can actually drill a hole through the b=
attery and it will not leak.

> Mike Guidotti

> It has to be some sort of gel cell. Wet cell Batteries must be kept uprig=
ht to work and Optimas can be mounted any direction. I'd bet it IS a Gel Ce=
ll bit it is "better than a gel cell" because of it's spiral design...

l plates and fiberglass mat, and it fully sealed, but technically not a gel=
 cell.