Survey: type 44 break down frequency

Kneale Brownson
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:04:24 -0400

At 08:08 AM 09/16/2002 -0700, Wallace White wrote:

>How many times have you wound up stuck on the side of the road in your
>type 44 (5k, 100/200, V8)?
>As you might surmise, I just chalked up another one. In my four years of
>5k ownership, I've had four (hurray for towing coverage):
Snip the Stories

I've had a couple:  5ktq that had a rear shock break at the bottom
connection.  Required a flatbed.

200q20v that had fuel pump die first intermittently one time and for good a
couple weeks later.  First time required a new FP relay (too much drag?),
second required replacement.

Not bad for at least 100K  miles in three old Audis.