4kq Thermo Time Switch lifespan...

R Mangas porter_dog at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:41:50 EST 2003

   I'm in the process of getting my Ebay '87 on the road- wheelbearings
(fun) and cold start issues.  I'm getting no voltage at the CSV connecter
(the female end, natch) after operating the starter on a cold engine which
according to the Bently indicates a failed TTS.  Normally I'd just buy a new
component, but this one costs $75.   My q's:

1.  do they fail?  or, is this likely the issue?

2.  is there some other thing that costs less than $75 and could be failed?

   Note:  ECU thermosensor is new, CSV fires fine when battery voltage is