90,000 miles -Synthetic Oil?

Dave K. desmo888 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 29 19:05:45 EST 2003

You've opened a can of worms here...

David K.
'90 CQ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Clinton" <ksg2000 at AudiFan.com>
To: <quattro at audifans.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: 90,000 miles -Synthetic Oil?

I've got an 89 200 TQ with about 90,000 miles on it.  Car as been pampered
and is in great shape.  Ive always used standard oil - played around with
the weight to get the lifters to quiet down but thats about it.  Friend says
I should switch to Mobil 1 - higher mileage formula.

Obviously I don't put allot of miles on this car each year.  I currently end
up changing the oil more because of time passage than mileage.  I recall
reading something that says switching to synthetic may be a bad idea for
older cars.

Query - is this a good idea?  Would not mind putting in a product that
allows me to go along time without changing oil.  What impact will this
stuff have on lifter noise - will I finally be able to throw out the Magic
Mystery Oil?  Does my car have too many miles on it to safely switch?

Thanks for the advice

Do you drive an Audi and Love it ?

100s of FREE email addresses --->

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you at yourchoice.com w/No