FP ebay crisis

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Tue Jul 1 23:36:34 EDT 2003

At 9:24 PM -0400 7/1/03, Stephen Santoliquido wrote:
>I don't see any reason to crush the customer

Crush is the wrong word.  Refuse to help is more like it.  I see no
reason to support the seller, by playing "tech support" for his/her
customers.  If they paid $30-50 for that software, they can damn well
go to the guy they paid the money to.  Sorry.  Far as I'm concerned,
it's non-negotiable.  It's bad enough he's making money hand over
fist; it's just insult to injury that all his customers are ending up
here.  It's even worse that his actions are endangering our access to
the resource.

>for trying to get what we
>already have the only way he knows how.

The FA is fairly difficult to come by, and even on the lists a lot of
people don't know about it until they've been on the lists for a
while.  You know what?  That's a -good- thing.  It's a resource for
people who really care about their older Audi, and it's passed around
mostly by hand- as it should be.

As for those who said we need to report the auctions to Ebay- we can
certainly try- however Ebay has a rather strong reputation for not
giving a flying-you know-what if you're not a)the company whose
product is being ripped off b)Microsoft, Adobe, or another big
software company(that could actually threaten Ebay legally.)