help needed for rear caliper rebuild kit - '99 a4 quattro

james accordino ssgacc at
Mon Jul 21 09:23:13 EDT 2003

My "reference" only goes up to 98, but the part is
"seals for piston housing" p/n 535 698 671
(illustration 615-60).  2 items; a boot and piston
o-ring.  Did you try Rod at TPC?  Or if it's
"unavailable" try Kristian at VM Autohaus.  Yes, it is
MUCH cheaper to salvage the part by replacing the
boot.  If you catch it soon enough.  Same as CV,
steering boots.  Cleaning and some lube will also help

Jim Accordino