Alternator Grounding??

Bob Rossato bob.rossato at
Tue Jul 22 00:10:27 EDT 2003

The older VWs and Audis (late 70's early '80s) had ground straps from the
alternator to the block.

P/N is 067 971 233.  That's the most popular one but I think there are a
couple of others.

It is a braided strap similar to the hood ground straps that attached to the
end of one of the alternator housing screws with an 8mm nut.