Pearl V8 5-speed

Kevin D. Caldwell carrera4s at
Sun Mar 2 19:43:41 EST 2003

It's a gearing Carrera 4S has less power than say a Cadillac
Escalade but the Escalade is not gonna take me off the line.
Kevin D. Caldwell
1996 Carrera 4S
1996 Audi A4 Quattro
1985 Mazda RX-7

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at] On
Behalf Of Rokas Reipa
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:11 PM
To: David Head; qlist
Subject: Re: Pearl V8 5-speed

I have not driven a v8, but my father does have a 750il of same vintage.
don't see any way for a 240hp v8q to be faster than a 300hp 750, no
what transmission the v8 has. Maybe in handling but not in outright,
dry-weather acceleration; the v12 is a monster engine. The two cars
really even be considered in the same class. The 4.2l v8q would be a
matchup probably.

93 100s