Team doorhandle- I want out :)

George Harris harchris at
Fri Mar 7 15:14:37 EST 2003

Have you tried the dealer? I went into the local dealer yesterday to
price one of the front door handles for my '87 5kcdtq and it was $70
Can. OK, that's a lot, but a third party door handle was $46 Can., and
the lock cylinders were not interchangeable. In Other words I have to
carry around an extra key to get in my drivers side door :-( On the
'quality' aspect; they had forgotten to thread the holes at the rear of
the door handle for the 2 screws that go in from the inside of the door,
and these holes were offset so that I had to file the holes in the door
frame. These 3rd party door handles are available through Altrom if
anyone is interested.

On the positive side, I CAN get in my driver's side door :-) Sort of
like good health. You don't know how valuable that is until it's gone.