More on track tires...

Kwattro@aol.com Kwattro@aol.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 20:20:39 -0400

I forgot to mention that I use the R version Goodyear GS-CS, which are supp=
osed to be good for a second a lap over the Hoosiers when in their prime.  =
There is also a Goodyear Eagle F1R that is awesome in both wet and dry.  Th=
e main problem with them, though, as with the G-Forces, are that they tend =
to lack long-term progressive grip.  They're great a few times, and then re=
ally start to fall off.  I think (as do many others) that Michelin currentl=
y holds the upper hand in street/track performance.  Not only do the Pilot =
Sport Cups provide an excellent long life streetable track tire, but any of=
 the series (oem on some Audis, most BMW M's) Pilots are an excellent choic=
e as a sometimes track tire.  The question that you have to ask yourself is=
 how much ytou're willing to compromise streetability, longevity, etc. for =
grip.  The ultimate, of course, is to have both street and track tires/whee=
ls....

Carter