Cruise Solution...Door Lock Problem

Alexander Leventhal
Tue, 13 May 2003 08:34:34 -0700 (PDT)

Finally got my cruise control working on my 89 100q, thanks for all the hel=
p from the list.   FWIW, I spent a lot of time checking the pedal switches =
and vacuum lines, when in fact the actual problem was that the that the 2 o=
f the wires to the vacuum pump inder the hood had abraded through.   Splice=
d them together, all fixed:  In the future this is one more easy thing to c=
heck out for it!

No for the next challenge:  The power door locks in this car work fine, but=
 only when the key is in the on position, turn it off, and they do not func=
tion:  clearly the lock's electric thingy is not getting power with the key=
 off.  Any one know what color wire is the constant power, so that I can tr=
y to get power to it again?    I really appreciate the help.

Alex Leventhal

2001 A6q
1989 100q
1989 100 auto