[s-cars] Avant Tailgate Trim Removal Instructions

Steve Marinello smarinello@charter.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:24:34 -0500

Mine got destroyed when they replaced the hatch, but I let it go because a
maybe-lister agreed to sell me his intact trim from his wreck.
Unfortunately, that deal vaporized and the creaks and falling screws and
assorted pieces attest to the incompetence of the body shop guy who did the

Anyone price the full set lately for a good gasp?  You quickly remember that
these things are $50k plus cars.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Hussey" <danh@s-cars.org>
To: "Aaron" <aaront@cox-internet.com>; "Christopher Gharibo"
Cc: "* S List" <s-car-list@audifans.com>; "*12V List" <v6-12v@audifans.com>;
"*Quattro List" <quattro@audifans.com>; "Steve Aydin" <staydin@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [s-cars] Avant Tailgate Trim Removal Instructions

If anyone finds an "affordable" source for new interior liftgate trim, let
me know.  Mine is cracked in many places (most likely from someone removing
it that didn't know what they were doing)... and it rattles and creaks like
crazy now.  Would like to replace it, but besides taking out a second
mortgage, it doesn't seem practical.