S6 Airbag controller

Suffolk GameServer LAN suffolk.associates@verizon.net
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:38:03 -0400

Vag-Com uses the diagnostic port under the dash of the car.
The same location to talk to the engine, trans etc.....
It then communicates with your airbag controller.
Here's the link to a 200 20V so your exact connector or location may vary.
Some A4's had the connector in the console behind the front seats on the
transmission hump.
Vag-Com info here/To: VAG-COM@yahoogroups.com

I have identified the airbag sensor unit, but I cant find the "gray foam"
is supposed to contain the two 2-pin connectors to hook up the VAG-COM to? I
have looked everywhere without taking the center console off. Where else is
this thing located? Or does my car not have one?