S6 question

bob.rossato@att.net bob.rossato@att.net
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:13:41 +0000

Yes.  The fluttering is due to a failed Bypass Valve.  The diaphragm is
probably torn and the BPV is not opening between shifts.  The factory BPVs are
$25.  There are aftermarket ones from Forge or Stratmosphere, but they are in
the $120 -$140 range, as I recall.  Some people have had bad luck with the
factory ones, but mine has lasted 3 years so far.  And given the cost disparity
I can't justify the aftermarket ones based on my experiences.