MAC 11b vs MAC11c

ben swann
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:12:26 -0400

The Mac-11b and 11c are pretty much the same.  Different timing/fuel
maps and some engineering changes I assume, but once chipped with QLCC
chip, they become, I suppose a MAC-11QLCC.

You should be able to swap the ECUs, and can definately use the one
with MAC-11C/QLCC in the avant daily driver, and enjoy the power

[ My 875kTQw parts car has a MAC11c ECU with a 1.8 bar chip.
 My primary car is an 86 5xTQw with a MAC11b ECU.

I'm told the chip is compatible with all MAC11 ECUs.

 Question is this:  Can I just swap ECUs, or must I move the chip from
the 87ECU to the 86 ECU?

  Rob Deis                  "Let the people know beforehand what the law
  MiB3347                      is and what they are to expect."                              -- 18th Congress, Rec. 75]