Exploding Rotors: why you do not drill

JShadzi@aol.com JShadzi@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:01:36 -0400

I agree, like I've said before, this is a one in a million failure, every m=
anufactured product has defects and failures, I seriously doubt that this r=
otor failed simply or only becuase it was drilled.  Zimmerman rotors are so=
ld by tens of thousands of auto shops and part suppliers across the US not =
including the World, I'd think if there was a real problem that you'd hear =
more about it or that some action would be taken against them.

Like Taka says, all brake systems need to be checked periodically, especial=
ly under track driving where stock TT brakes are being very taxed and over-=
exserted.  It would be interesting to do a metalurgical analysis on these t=
o see what happened to the metal.

Javad