Audi 80 w/ Hot!! Air coming from Side Vents w/ A/C on

shoemakersp shoemakersp@comcast.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:08:14 -0400

I am interested to see if someone has a BTDT on this issue.  I have the same
condition with my '84 CGT.  The A/C is currently not working, but I can have
cool air coming out of the center and heated air from the sides.  I, of
course, normally leave the sides closed, but it would be nice to know the
why.
-Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin@audifans.com [mailto:quattro-admin@audifans.com]On
Behalf Of 80q
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 2:28 PM
To: quattro@audifans.com
Subject: Audi 80 w/ Hot!! Air coming from Side Vents w/ A/C on

Help....

I can deal with A/C that doesn't work properly, but not with heated air when
it's 90+ degrees out.

Car is a 1989 80Q with manual A/C.

A/C works fine through the center vent, but after time I have hot air coming
in from the side vents.

The temperature regulator knob seems to work fine, but is as if is not
closing fully.

I have removed the glovebox and lover shelf, but there is not a whole lot to
look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Jeff