Seat Reupholstery / Alcantara Cleaning

Louis-Alain_Richard at Louis-Alain_Richard at
Thu Dec 16 09:33:48 EST 2004

Try this:

Alcantara is a man-made product and therefore has its own web

             akowalsk at comcast.
             net (Alex
             Kowalski)                                                  To
             Sent by:                  quattro at
             quattro-bounces at a                                          cc
                                       Seat Reupholstery / Alacantara

Two quick questions:

The '87 5KCSTQ I bought has tan/dark cream leather sport seats with
Alacantara inserts in the seats and door panels.  Of course the leftmost
driver's side seat bolster is worn and has some cracks in the leather and
is getting a little saggy from ingress/egress.  I'd like to fix that at
some point.  Can I remove the bolster and get it refinished?  The rest of
the seat is in very good shape.

Also, there are a few marks/greazy-grimy elbow stains on the driver's side
alacantara door panel.  Does anyone have any tips/recommendations for
cleaning Alacantara?
quattro mailing list
quattro at