[urq] How to ship parts/exchange money between NA listers

Huw Powell audi at humanspeakers.com
Sun Dec 26 22:21:15 EST 2004

>>None of the local banks here in the hinterlands will even  look at a
>>Canadian PMO.  I eventually had to just write it  off.
> I didn't know that banks would even take a U.S. PMO. It's always  been
> my understanding that you cash a PMO, be it U.S. or Great White  North,
> at the post office.

Not true, at least, not completely true.  I've been running a mial order
business for 17 years, and never had any trouble depositing USPS money
orders from customers.  That is, depositing, rather than directly
cashing, but still - I get the money.  Ditto with the occasional
Canadian money order/postal order (in US dollars).  Of course, I am also
deep in (barely) blue state country, due to be annexed by Canada any day

As far as foreign business, MC/Visa (and other majors) are the best way
to go, but not easy for individuals doing small numbers of transactions,
of course.

Huw Powell