A4 ABS help

Ti Kan ti at amb.org
Tue Dec 28 16:52:09 EST 2004

David writes:
> As a last resort...what about just saying f the antilock and pull
> the fuse? Brakes will continue to work fine, just without anti-lock
> properties. Or if you really want to get rid of the car...I'll take it...

The new-gen Bosch ABS system isn't just for anti-lock any more.  It
also provides EBD (electronic brake force distribution), and in quattros,
EDL (electronic differential lock) as well.  On ESP-equipped cars
the ABS system further provides electronic handling stabilization...

Ti Kan
Vorsprung durch Technik