Replacing the heater fan.

Charlie Smith charlie at
Tue Feb 3 10:17:58 EST 2004

Earlier, Brett Goetz wrote:
> I have an 88 5000 CST that needs a new blower fan for the heater/AC.  As
> a preventative measure, is there anything else I should replace while I
> have the dashboard off?  The car has 174K miles on it.

There's a heater fan replacement discussion on my Audi pages at
the URL below.  This describes how to get the blower fan out from
the engine compartment side without total disassembly of the interior.

    - Charlie

  Charlie Smith   charlie {at}    614-471-1418      Columbus Ohio   USA     photos & technical info

  95 S6 Quattro  -  24 PSI, RS2 6 speed, and other features
  97 Dodge Ram   -  40 PSI, 4x4 w/Cummins turbo diesel