wastegate question...

Dan Cordon cord4530 at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:52:37 EST 2004

> Jim Green wrote:
> "the motor get's towards 3500 rpms it smooths out and
> pulls up to 7k just fine.  It only does it in 5th."
> Read that one again.  It says: 5th gear, 7000rpm
> I can't help you with the boost problem Jim, but it sounds like you're having fun testing it.  Grin.
> -Peter Lines

Maybe Jim's running some new 5" tall tires though :o) 5th gear and 7000
rpm --> 80 mph <grin>.

I can't remember...What turbo are you running? I'd think you were
getting close to the surge line at low rpm's and high boost. I've got a
ton of compressor maps on some turbo software, so if you let me know
what you've got, I'll see where that is on the map.

Dan Cordon
Mechanical Engineer
University of Idaho - Engine Research Facility