My brakes are talking back at me!

Benjamin Weste Pearre bwpearre at
Thu Feb 5 18:46:44 EST 2004

When I brake hard I get a low-frequency grinding noise; sounds like
it's coming from the left front, which may or may not mean anything,
since I sit in the left front of the car. I looked at the brakes, assuming that the brake pads had somehow
worn out early.  I even had my mechanic look at them.  There is a vast
quantity of brake pad left, so that's not the problem.

Could it be the ABS pump doing something odd?  I turned off ABS, and
the problem didn't go away, so I guess not.

Anything else I should look at?

May you all enjoy the snow!!!

Ben Pearre          1990 200TQA