Matt Suffern msuffern at lycos.com
Fri Feb 6 15:20:11 EST 2004

Hi all,

My new (old) '86 4kq has some sort of performance exhaust, I'm guessing from the single exhaust tip and the quite prominent note:

The issue is with the noise--it's a bit much.  The quality of it is pleasant, but there is a resonance around 2700 rpm that becomes irritating on a long drive.

So the question:  Does anyone make a performance exhaust for the 4kq anymore?  I'm inclined just to buy a universal-fit Borla canister or equivalent and install it, but the rest of the piping is on the way out too and if I can replace all (or part--catback) of it with a system, that would be ideal.  Options?

Chapel Hill, NC
86 4kq
88 1JZ Supra
72 240Z