question about lifter tapping

Nate Beck Nate.Beck at
Wed Feb 11 11:12:50 EST 2004

Hello all,

  I just did an oil change on my 85 coupegt.  I used a Mann filter as always
and mobil 1 10-30 oil.  For some reason there seems to be a lot more lifter
tapping going on.  Before it would tap when I first started it and then stop
after about 30 seconds to a minute.  Now it is tapping at idle at stop
lights and such after 10-15 minutes.  Would you say that it is an issue with
oil? Maybe delivery?  Or a lifter issue?  Just looking for some idea's as I
am at work and thinking about what I can do to rectify this situation