Clutch slave replacement [was Re: Thinking about getting a Mechanicaly-challened '88 90Q]

Huw Powell audi at
Thu Feb 12 16:15:14 EST 2004

> Prying out the slave is kinda difficult, as it usually doesn't apply
> the force in the exact direction you need, and causes it to bind up.

When swapping a tranny in my 87.5 cgt, the slave had to be removed from
the "new" transmission.  Now, granted it had spent a few years out in
the weather, but it was really, really tough to get out.  The 1/2"
socket extension we were pounding on to punch it out required cutting
the old slave open to remove it.  Surprised we didn't break the trans.

Huw Powell