Intercooler fitment, etc. on possible turbo conversion

Eric eric_audi.ql at
Wed Feb 25 10:18:55 EST 2004

>but the biggest hurdle that may be a show-stopper is where/how to intall the intercooler?  I don't think he would want >to nix the AC.

After cutting out the center of the front cross member to facilitate engine removal I put in a 1" square tube cross memeber to support an izuzu IC.  I reused the top part of the original sheet metal to keep the hood release.  I have some pictures on my site of this part including a few extra in my gallery.  When I am up your way in March I will be have the car so I can show you in person.

As for AC I plan to reinstall the compressor in the next few months.  I am using a sanden off a dodge neon with a custom bracket.  Hopefully this will not block too much airflow through my radiator.

Eric Sanborn