Knock with SAAB APC

Jim Green jeg1976 at
Fri Jan 9 11:34:57 EST 2004

--- Brett Dikeman <brett at> wrote:
> At 3:08 PM +0000 1/9/04, Alan Pritchard wrote:
> >  plus these guys can probably tell/hear/predict
> knock with their
> >god-like abilities ;)
> God-like indeed, because knocking you'll never hear
> can cause engine
> damage.  When you hear it, it's VERY bad.
> NEVER 'tune' by ear.

Never say Never.  We are spoiled with these turbo
motors, they are so strong it's silly.  Knock will get
to them eventually, but a few hit's here and there
durring the initial tune will not phase them.  If you
tune till you can't hear it anymore, then back off the
base timing a few degree's you'll be just fine.

Jim Green
'89 80q ... slow
'89 90tq

Do you Yahoo!?