Advice to Phil!/Open Question

Phil Payne quattro at
Wed Jan 14 12:05:16 EST 2004

> Not often do I summon the courage to offer Phil advice, but here it is.
> Relay the headlights, if you haven't already, and run the circuit through a
> floor mounted Hi/Lo beam switch.

As it happens, I had a package on the shelf marked "ur-quattro auxiliary lighting harness".
But from the geometry it's for a Type 44.

Next time we have decent weather ...

> $5 US, and just ask for a generic floor mounted switch.. 55 Chevy style.
> It'll take the current,
> and its the last time you think about the multi-function switch...
> until you lose the cruise control...

Nah.  I like to keep original functionality.  Last floor-mounted dip switch I had was in a
1977 Mini.

Nothing wrong with the 20V here in the UK except the parts prices.

  Phil Payne
  +44 7785 302 803