Fun with parts identification - type 44 bumper bellows

Barry Babcock barry at
Thu Mar 25 22:22:04 EST 2004

Hence my question- this "gasket" doesn't seem to have a purpose, it's 
not connected to anything on
the car except the bumper.  But I'll buy the air intake path answer. 
 Upon examining the part, however,
I think I'm leaning towards "whoopie cushion".


Dave C. wrote:

>I believe the purpose of this "gasket" is to control airflow through the
>radiator.  It fills a large hole in the intake air path to the radiator.
>It's only on cars with US bumpers.
>Dave C.
>quattro mailing list
>quattro at

More information about the quattro mailing list