88 90 Quattro fluctuating idle

David duandcc_forums at cox.net
Fri Mar 26 13:10:13 EST 2004

Sounds like a gummed up ISV. If if only happens when warm, that means the engine should be in a closed loop with the ECU & ISV controlling idle. My CGT has the same engine as your car, and I've encountered a boucing idle when warm before. I've fixed with with a thorough cleaning of the ISV. That said, it could also be a vacuum leak...

87.5 CGT
SE Virginia