Frazzzin Expletive Oil Pan 6mm Alan Key Bolts

Hoffman Anthony J A1C 552 CMS/MXMVC Anthony.Hoffman at
Mon May 3 09:30:56 EDT 2004

I've had experiences with these, and I typically use the "CV" socket (8mm
12point), and just pound it in there. You can also use a Torx socket, but
I'm not sure of the size.

Tony Hoffman

-----Original Message-----
From: David Thoresen [mailto:david at]
Sent: 02-May-2004 9:30 PM
To: quattro at
Subject: Frazzzin Expletive Oil Pan 6mm Alan Key Bolts

Well got all the bolt off the oil pan this afternoon except for the 6mm
alan key bolts by the tranny... I managed to strip one of them, and
didn't dare try the others till I get a GOOD alan key that will fit on
a 3/8" or even a 1/2" socket wrench... Hope the guys at tool town will
have something to help remove that stripped alan key bolt, I am tempted
at this point to bang in a 1/4" alan key in there :o(

No way am I going to attempt the tranny....

Banging head on the wall,

quattro mailing list
quattro at