NG v. NF

David.Payne at David.Payne at
Mon Nov 15 14:08:29 EST 2004

If I was looking to replace a NG with a NF is it possible to mount the NG
manifold onto a NF head and plug the extra holes, or should I use the NF
manifold as well?
Thanks, Dave.

|         |           Tony Lum         |
|         |           <tlum at> |
|         |           11/15/04 11:42 AM|
  |       To:       David.Payne at                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: NG v. NF                                                                                                 |

At 08:10 AM 11/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Like the subject line says, what differences are there between these two?
>Thanks, Dave.
>quattro mailing list
>quattro at

Hi Dave,

Biggest difference is that the fuel injectors are mounted in the intake
manifold in the NG, in the head on the NF.  The NG has a new manifold to
take the injectors and is tuned for greater torque at higher rpms.  AFAIK,
all other mechanics are the same.

'80 5KS
83 urquattro #900302
'85 4kq
'87 5kcstq
'87.5 coupe GT

All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy.  Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.