Bucket (solid) tappets

Hoffman Anthony J A1C 552 CMS/MXMVC Anthony.Hoffman at tinker.af.mil
Wed Oct 20 11:40:28 EDT 2004

> within reason to switch over to solids. Short term solution? I'm
> running a small ammount of ATF in my engine oil, it helps alot to keep
> them pumped. Long term? Maybe do some work to the oiling system and
> bump the pressure just a touch.

Like how much is a small amount?  I'm almost convinced all out lifter
tapping is from oil starvation.  Mine have never ticked after dyno runs, but
always tick even after some third gear pulls.

Jim Green

Mine only tick after 5-8k rpm runs on the autocross course. The ATF is an
old trick for noisy lifters and leaky seals. Rislone is another good
addative for noisy lifters. Comes in a yellow container that looks like a
Penzoil container.