Headlight relays, soldering question

Fred Munro munrof at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 20 21:21:44 EDT 2005

If the legs were red hot and the tip wasn't warm, the nuts connecting the
tip to the gun probably weren't tight enough. SJ's soldering tips were right
on, particularly about the heat bridge. Soldering won't work without it.
First you apply solder between the tip and the joint and then to the joint
when it heats up.

Fred Munro
'94 S4