top posting / reply quoting - attention gmail users (and others)

Brett Dikeman brett at
Tue Aug 2 15:48:29 EDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Taka Mizutani wrote:

> I think it is interesting that you insist that putting your reply at
> the bottom of your email is some sort of "law."
> I've been using various email clients since 1991 and I have not seen
> any consistent use of "bottom quoting," as you say.

I was polite, and provided justification to a REMINDER of rules, not
a rule change.  I've asked you to respect (follow) the rules here,
not personally agree with them.  I'm not going to debate the issue
further; if you respect the site and the resource that is provided to
you at no cost, you'll heed the request.