What is sealant "AMV 174 004 01"

Evan Parker evan at nextgenrealty.com
Fri Aug 5 12:09:08 EDT 2005


I don't know if this helps, but this page mentions it in a VW rebuild.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:quattro-bounces at audifans.com]
On Behalf Of Max Wellhouse
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 10:58 AM
To: Arthur Marks; quattro at audifans.com
Subject: Re: What is sealant "AMV 174 004 01"

At that price, it's prolly Audi's very finest duct tape, like the kind
they use on the R-8.

Seriously, I wish I could help you, but the smart ass in me took over.



At 09:45 AM 8/5/2005, Arthur Marks wrote:
>Dealer wants over $70 for 75 mL sealant "AMV 174 004 01" that 
>Bentley CD says to use at for corners when installing the valve cover
>Anyone know if there is an equivalent at auto parts stores?
>quattro mailing list
>quattro at audifans.com

quattro mailing list
quattro at audifans.com

More information about the quattro mailing list