wheel bearings

cobram@juno.com cobram at juno.com
Wed Aug 17 13:02:24 EDT 2005

The bearings HAVE to go in dry.  A bit of a discussion on this a while
back (Hi Phil) and the dire consequences of lubing the bearing should
they seize or overheat.  I changed the bearing in a hub assembly that had
been sitting out in the weather for who knows how long, Hub Shark handled
it with no problems.  Regardless of whether you use a press or an on the
car tool such as the Shark, alignment is the most important thing, the
bearing CAN NOT be cocked and must be straight.

It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice.