Making sedan seats fold-80-90 sedan rear seat in a CGT?

David duandcc_forums at
Wed Feb 9 09:27:11 EST 2005

Since you don't mind modding the seats a little...might I suggest a set of Recarro Trophy seats? You can snag them from a Mk II Jetta GLi or Golf GTi, both had flippers even though the GLi was a 4-door. Easy to mod to get to fit a typ85 (all you need is a torch and BFH to bend in the rear rales by about 1/2") and  they are right smart looking if you ask me...

1987 CGT 2.3