MFTS and thermostat Q: Gauge not reading temp but HEAT

Huw Powell audi at
Mon Jan 10 23:33:25 EST 2005

> So I suspected the MFTS because of 1.3 bar max on the 200 20V.
> Now this winter heat is cool while driving but warm when stopped.

> Summer: Drive car, temp rises to 1/4
> Winter:  If its sits idling, temp will creep to just past1/2 mark and
> radiator fan comes on.
>  Driving in cold - 20 degrees ambient temp - needle buried in cold reading.
> Stop: like at rest area, temp gauge slowly creeps up.
> Cabin heat:  Little or none...

> Q:  Is the coolant level low or is it the MFTS is still outta whack?

The MFTS merely reports on what is happening.  I would suspect a
thermostat that is not closing properly for an engine that runs too cool
most of the time when moving, and doesn't make sufficient heat for the

Huw Powell