UrS4 issues

Fred Munro munrof at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 30 09:16:59 EST 2005


Sounds like you are talking about the X-plug on the hydraulic pump. You can
buy a new plug and o-ring from the dealer - it's quite cheap. You may need a
modified drag link socket and a hand-held impact screwdriver to get the old
plug out. This is a common problem - I replaced mine last year and it sealed
up OK.

The back left corner is a common area for a valve cover gasket leak. Are you
sure it's the head gasket? The valve cover gasket is easily replaced - I've
done two on my car in the 150,000 km I've put on it.


Fred Munro
'94 S4

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at audifans.com
[mailto:quattro-bounces at audifans.com]On Behalf Of
iain.atkinson at tesco.net
Sent: January 30, 2005 5:34 AM
To: quattro at audifans.com
Subject: UrS4 issues

Hi folks

just would like some opinion on 2 outstanding items on the to do list.

1. I have a minor leak out of the pas pump from one of these big cross
headed screws, can you get the seals for these???

2. minor oil weep from what i think is the headgasket right at the back of
the engine on the left hand corner as you look at it. major issue or not????



quattro mailing list
quattro at audifans.com

More information about the quattro mailing list