Changing the timing belt - timing?

harchris harchris at
Mon Jul 4 18:31:53 EDT 2005

Once again I appeal to the group to clear up my confusion.

Patient: '94 Audi 90 2.8 L AAH eng. Quattro

To find and hold TDC the Bentley CD leads me to what they call the CKP to
determine TDC. This appears to be a a plasic sensor on the driver's side of
the engine, above the oil pan, behind the oil filter body, and below the
engine mount. When I remove this and look inside, I see the bottom of a
connecting rod and part of the crankshaft. Where on this is the TDC mark? Am I
looking in the wrong hole?

George and Dot Harris
harchris at