CV boot fix on 5kcstq

Jim Jordan capnkidd at
Mon Jul 18 15:10:53 EDT 2005

What Huw said.  Unless you are a completely equipped shop with at least one
other worker, it's easier to replace the half shaft than to deal with the
boot alone.  I've paid to have it done once or twice, and, in my faulty
memory, the cost is just about the same.  In fact, the last time I had one
go bad, the wrench, whom I respect, recommended replacing the half shaft as
opposed to fixing the boot.  Labor is more on the boot.

Jim Jordan