Mid 80's, period correct radios: which one ?

Huw Powell audi at humanspeakers.com
Fri Jul 22 17:42:11 EDT 2005

> I'd like to have a period correct, (non-CD, obviously !) radio that
> would have been likely to be seen in an mid-80's Audi. OEM or after market,
> no matter.

Surprised Ti hasn't replied, but I went to his site knowing he has a
radio reference page:

what you want is called a "Rothenburg" - Audi part # 443 035 093

I have a couple lying around, since for some reason I never throw away
old car radios - whether I know they work or not.  Anyway, they ought to
be easy to find.

Unless you want an *aftermarket* piece from that era, I suppose.  Which
might be tough, since a 20 year old cassette radio is probably going to
be pretty beat by now (I know my old Kenwood 757 has seen far better

Huw Powell