VR6 questions

David Glubrecht daveglu at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 00:40:24 EDT 2005

Trying to diagnose a intermittent cutting out problem on a 93 VR6 Passat.
It appears to be three coils with waisted spark ignition.
First time you start car, it will run till you shut it off.
If you restart within ~10 min, it will die in ~5 min.
After ~10 min of dead, it will restart and run the rest of the day.
The tack continues to work (indicating spark signal) but if you pull a sparkplug wire there is no spark.
The above line should indicate where to start, but I thought I would see if anyone has heard of a common problem with these.