My car in Phoenix

Jim Jordan capnkidd at
Fri Jul 29 01:03:58 EDT 2005

Hi Fay and All,

In a way I'm glad you didn't get it towed yet, for I wanted to warn you
about the Arizona tows, even those under the auspices of AAA.  My car was
towed from a motel to Mountain VW, I think, the local Audi dealer at the
time, and the front of the car was lifted and towed on the rear wheels which
was okay for the short distance.  I discovered several hours later that the
tow driver had hooked onto a CVJ boot and torn it severely causing it lose
most of its grease.  I had to backtrack to Flagstaff and get that same
dealer to replace the boot at a very high cost.

Moral:  Either have them carry it on a "Jerrdan" style(flat bed wheels off
the ground) or be sure that they know that they're not supposed to hook
their safety chains on the CVJ's on the half shafts.

Jim Jordan

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.